If you had a choice, would you prefer something invisible or coloured on your teeth? Most of the individuals will give invisible aligners a chance. With the advancement of technology, clear aligners have gained popularity in the last few years. Like metal braces, they work similarly and offer all the functions required for tooth alignments.
Align Technology introduced the oldest clear aligner product in the market in 1998. Nowadays, other companies such as uLab, ClearCorrect and Spark have also made their mark with their high-quality products.
This post will shed light on the Invisalign braces and related aspects. So if you are searching for tooth straightening options in Bethesda, then Bethesda braces will be one of your best options.
What are Invisalign braces?
Invisalign is a product made of thin clean aligners used primarily in orthodontic treatment. The aligners are made of plastic materials to give a clear look to the tooth region. It is sully given to the patients to maintain the aesthetics in individuals.
One should note that Invisalign aligners are not completely invisible, but they fit tightly over your teeth and are less noticeable than other braces options.
What type of dental issues can be corrected using Invisalign aligners?
Invisalign aligners are used for orthodontic issues such as crowding, spacing and malocclusions.
The problems that can be treated via invisible aligners are:
- Crowded teeth
- Gaps in between the tooth
- Open bite
- Overbite or deep bite
According to research conducted in 2017, it is found that invisible aligners can correct only mild orthodontic issues, but for severe ones, metal or other orthodontic options must be prescribed by the dentist.
Pros of invisible braces
- The aesthetic factor is maintained in an individual.
- One can remove them easily as per their comfort.
- Cleaning of teeth can be done with ease.
- In metal braces, there is a chance of gum impingement, inflammation and ulcer formation, but with invisible aligners, all these potential problems can be minimized.
Cons of invisible aligners
- It is considered a less effective option for complex bite issues.
- The braces require complete patient compliance.
- One has to remove them while eating and drinking.
- One has to limit their food options as hard edibles do not sit well with the invisible braces option.
Braces made from plastic or metal require patient compliance and dentistry attention. If you want a straight and properly aligned tooth, visit a dentist. They can recommend you with the best possible options.